16/11/2017

Empties #15

Time to empty the trashbag into a dishevelled-chic flatlay! Probably the last empties of the year and I'm proud that I've gone through so many products. Enough with the preamble, because I know this post is going to be rambly as ffff!






I managed to buy this very cheaply because the plastic packaging was discontinued and I'm so glad I did! This is a lovely cleanser. It has a lightweight creamy consistency but the 'enzymes' in there do seem like they're doing something. Of course, as it's a cleanser and isn't on the skin for long, it's not going to make a massive difference, but I did enjoy the texture and how it made my skin feel (clarified yet not at all dry).
Repurchase? Perhaps in the future!

Lush Tea Tree Water Toner Water
This thing is a recurring product - spot it in every second empties! ;) I don't know that it does a lot, but I do know that I really like it as a basic, refreshing morning toner that slightly clarifies the skin and does something for my blemishes!
Repurchase? Always and forever bb.

Hylamide C25 Stabilized Vitamin C Booster
This has been my nighttime serum for almost the past year (wow!) and I really enjoy it. About halfway through I started mixing it with a hydrating serum (a Bioderma one) because I realised that is how you are supposed to use a 'booster' - doh. But I don't think it makes that much of a difference haha. It has a very lightweight almost dry-oil consistency that sinks into the skin immediately and doesn't feel obvious. I can't totally comment on how effective it was in brightening my skin, but it is definitely one of the brightening serums that has made more of a difference than others. I'll be moving onto The Ordinary 12% vit c serum now which I expect to be relatively similar.
Repurchase? Probably not when there is a cheaper offering from The Ordinary available.

Hg! Fave! Ride or die! [if you're new here, I love this for keeping spots at bay]
Repurchase? Again, always and forever bb.

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate
I reaaaally liked this 'serum'. It's more of an oil blend (well that's how I used it anyway). It's a slightly thinner oil so it doesn't make the skin feel greasy but is still intensely nourishing. All round lovely for moisturising, evening skintone and texture, etc.
Repurchase? I would in the future!

Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream*
Took me forever to use this up! As it does with many eye creams. Anyway, I used this as my morning eye cream - typically only on days I don't wear makeup. Tbh I don't have much to say about this. It was definitely more of a lightweight eyecream that felt more hydrating and slightly de-puffing but I didn't really notice too many drastic effects from using this.
Repurchase? Nah.

I've been using this for the longest time and towards the end there the texture got a bit iffy, but I really like this! It is truly a very moisturising sunscreen which I used as my morning moisturiser on days I wasn't wearing makeup. It's a bit too greasy (but not heavy feeling) for underneath makeup - on my oily skin. It gives the skin such a beautiful dewy glow though! Anyway, I found it very nourishing and can't beat that SPF!
Repurchase? I would in the future!

La Roche-Posay Uvidea XL Melt in Cream SPF 50+
Similar concept to the last product, just slightly less moisturising but subsequently less greasy as well.
Repurchase? A good option, but probably not my first choice.

Rosehip Plus Nourishing Night Cream*
Really enjoyed this! It's a lightweight option that absorbs pretty quickly and really doesn't feel greasy/heavy/oily on my skin at all, but is still really moisturising! Great option for hotter weather and/or oilier skins.
Repurchase? I would in the future!



Benefit Gimme Brow
There is actually a surprising amount of Benefit products in this post - it's like they all decided to cark it at the same time. Anyway, I've said before that I love this product - it sets and thickens the brows to give them volume and texture, but it's SO expensive for such a tiny amount of product. I've since moved on to the much cheaper Essence Make Me Brow.
Repurchase? No thanks. 

Had this for a bit too long but if you remember my initial review, you'll know I wasn't a big fan. For a supposedly curling mascara, it did nothing to my straight lashes. It smudged pretty badly and only gave decent length/volume. It got slightly better as it dried out but yeah...nah.
Repurchase? nup

Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara
I really loved this mascara! It's always the asian mascaras that work best on me (no duuuh). This one had fibres in it so it really lengthened and thickened the lashes, and held a curl well. When I first started using it, it didn't smudge, but as it aged it smudged a bit more. Not nearly as badly as other mascaras though!
Repurchase? Would in future!

The stuff on the right I am throwing away because either I never use it, it's not good or it's just too old! Two Rimmel mascaras* in there because I am just not a fan of them - they do nothing but weight down my lashes and smudge terribly (even the waterproof one). Sad to say goodbye to Bourjois Happy Light - it used to be my favourite foundation. But I swatched it on my hand a while ago and it oxidised like CRAZY! It literally went 8 shades darker and more orange. rip. Maybelline and L'oreal concealers are a little old and I just never use them. The Maybelline in particular is just way too pale, pink and chalky for me - great formula though. 


Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done Conditioner
I finished the shampoo last empties and this followed not long after. I really like this range! It's not so moisturising that it weighs down my short hair, but it's not drying either. It's hard to add volume to my coarse hair, but this manages to give it a little airiness. Obviously it doesn't give me that "undone" textured look since I have stick straight hair, but I like it!
Repurchase? Already have!

I really enjoyed this! It's lightweight but really nourishing. I find less and less that I need a hair mask because my hair is shorter and I'm not trying to grow it out. I get hair cuts more often so my ends are pretty healthy. This one didn't weigh down my ends though!
Repurchase? I don't need a mask right now but this is a good option.

Kiehl's Creme de Corps*
I quite liked this - it was decently nourishing but very lightweight. Key word - decent. I don't think it's worth the money though!
Repurchase? Nah.

Lush Dream Cream*
I quite enjoyed this! It had a slightly oilier feeling (made my limbs shinny!) but still sunk in well and didn't feel greasy. It was very moisturising though! The scent is fairly strong though - a bit lavendery so something to note!
Repurchase? Not at the moment, but wouldn't rule it out.

L'occitane Shea Hand Cream
I really like this hand cream! Deeply nourishing, inoffensive scent and doesn't leave the hands overly greasy.
Repurchase?  I have quite a few minis to get through first!

Sally Hansen Complete Care 7-in-1 Nail Treatment*
I love this! I use this as a base and top coat and no joke, mani lasts almost two weeks with bearable chipping! Like seriously, I didn't think I would care about what base/top coat I used, but I don't think I'll use anything other than this now!
Repurchase? Already have!



*Products gifted for consideration

No comments:

Post a Comment